PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS
TOP SECRET ANIMAL ATTACK FILES
dies from antidote, not snake bite
Monday 30th April 2001
A photographer who was bitten by a viper he was trying to capture on film, has died after developing an allergic reaction to the antidote.
The 37-year-old was bitten on both hands when he went too close to the snake while trying to photograph it in a forest, near Vasarosnameny in Hungary.
The man, who has not been named, had gone to the woods to find one of the snakes and had prepared beforehand by getting a supply of the antidote.
He was one of a small number of people who are found to be severely allergic to the antidote and died minutes after taking it.
Copyright © 2001 Ananova Ltd
Tell a Friend about the Animal Attack Files